This masterclass is based on the essence of Jazz: improvisation. Improvisation is the process of composing in real time melodic architectures that have to meet certain requirements in terms of note placements. In addition to that, these melodies need to be beautiful and creative! It is a complex task that cannot be relegated to instrument technique alone. On the contrary, you don't need much technique to approach this concept accurately. Studying and understanding this process in full takes a lifetime, although it takes only a few minutes to change your point of view about it and to put you on the right path for improvement.
This masterclass in 7 lessons will give you a different point of view and a useful new approach to your bass lines and solos.
INDEX OF CONTENT:
1. Rhythm and feel (the way we count tempo and accents...)
2. The importance of chord notes. (We are drummers)
3. Single note melodic approach
4. Double note melodic approach
5. Harmonic approach
6. Chord tensions
7. Placement and final considerations